Time for your FAVE recap and mine… It’s what’s hot in tech and social.
Listen, I know you’re busy. When I first started this blog I considered making the tagline, “Putting in the man hours so you don’t have to.” I enjoy doing this research and I want to make it as easy as possible for you to always be in-the-know on all things social. If you read nothing else this week, this run down will keep your social and tech IQ above the rest. Rest easy, busy one, I’ve got your back.
Go ahead and copy and paste your favorite links and send them to your boss, co-workers, peers. They’ll remember (in case they forgot) what a rockstar you are. (Or you can always forward a copy of this post.)
- The Huffington Post wins a Pulitzer.
- Path Announces $30M+ Round Of Funding. That’s a lot of cheese.
- Read It Later rebrands as “Pocket.” Oh, it’s now free. Lets its 4.5m users save articles, videos, images and more.
- Foursquare confirms 20M users, 2 billion check-ins, on 4sqDay 2012
- Apple reportedly launching ‘iPad Mini’ priced at $249-$299 in Q3 (Wait, isn’t this an iPhone?)
- Social logos on TV actually work? In the U.S, about a third of TV viewers have liked a show’s or brand’s Facebook page or tweeted about what they saw on TV after seeing one of these logos.
- Twitter mobile ads can now be targeted by platform
- The MPAA says you can infringe copyright just by embedding a video. Eek!
- College students can win a paid summer internship with The Huffington Post, Techcrunch, AOL Video or About.me.
- The top 10 social media influencers, according to Klout.
- The first reality show about Silicon Valley is in the works. Meet the cast.
- Rackspace launches OpenStack-powered next-gen public cloud