You’re on a small budget and you love sharing photos on Instagram, Pinterest and, well, everywhere. Photoshop has a learning curve you’re not ready to tackle and hiring a designer is out. That’s okay, there are alternatives to high end photo-editing products that live on your browser, and, with a little practice, can give you some amazing results.
You can listen to all of Billboard’s “The Hot 100” songs anytime of day or night. These are the most popular songs of the week, across all genres, ranked by radio airplay. We’re pop culture fanatics at FAVES + CO., so we took the top 10 of the current top 100, pulled the most memorable lyrics and created pinnable word art images for you to beg, borrow and steal.
I’ll own it; I am not the world’s most organized person. I’m a classic victim of Millenial Brain (easily distracted by gifs; abysmally short attention span; endlessly multitasks because I can’t not, even though it’s less productive). Here are six apps and hacks we think you’ll love:
The best of the best social networks have numbers that are difficult to comprehend. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Google+ have more users than the entire population of the United States. All top six social networks have more users than the combined total of pet dogs in the U.S., Canada, Western Europe, Brazil and China (estimated 262 million pet dogs).
So, just how do the world’s top social networks stack up? Here are the top 18 who have broken the 100 million plus mark:
- Facebook: 1.06 billion monthly active users, 680 million mobile users
- YouTube: 1 billion users
- Twitter: 500 million total users, more than 200 million active users
- Google+: 343 million active users
- Shazam: 300 million users
- Skype: 280 million users
- LinkedIn: 200 million users
- Soundcloud: 180 million monthly users
- Pandora: 175 million registered users
- Viber: 175 million users
- Tumblr: 170 million users, 100 million blogs
- SoundHound: 130 million users
- Paypal: 117 million users
- Dropbox: 100+ million users
- Instagram: 100 million users
- Ebay: 100 million active users
- WhatsApp: 100 million users
- Tango: 100 million users
And, a few well on their way:
If you’re using Pinterest for business, you probably want to make sure you’re getting and providing the most out of your pins. The makers of Pinerly put together an infographic I actually want to print out and use (or at least add to my tactical guide).
A few highlights:
- Did you know the best time to pin on weekends is Saturday morning? What about the best weekday? That would be Thursday.
- The best pins evoke a call-to-action and use short words with simple context
- If you know the cost of something you’re pinning, add it in your description so it posts on the photo.
- The best images target emotion.
- Use searchable keywords in board names and make sure you have a compelling photo for each board.
And, now, here’s that cheat sheet: