“We will force you to hang with celebrities, MLB stars and watch EVERY SINGLE MLB game…oh and we’ll give you housing and pay you a stipend” would be a better title for this contest. Geez. Who would want all that? Uhhh…I would and I’m pretty sure, no I’m positive, my husband would. So I thought you might be interested, too.
“If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.” – Dodgeball
If you can write 1,000 words of really good stuff, you can enter this contest. Yep, you have to put some effort into it. The online essay is divided into two parts, each requires 500 words. A word of advice, have someone proof read your submission before you send it in. Oh, and write it in Word or another place where you can auto save in case your computer crashes. FYI: Submissions must be received by Friday, January 13, 2012 by 11:59PM ET.
You also need to share additional blog writing samples and a link to your Twitter feed (so get tweeting if you’re not already).
It’s also encouraged to tweet @MLBFanCave (and use hashtag
#MLBFC) to show your spirit. If you really want this, and I mean REALLY want this, I’d consider launching an attention-getting social campaign (if you want actual ideas, you know I’m for hire).
Now, if one of you wins, I expect to hear about it (and I’ll send a list of autographs I’d like).
Enter now: http://mlbfancave.mlb.com/fancave/application.jsp
The Fan Cave on Facebook: http://mlbfancave.mlb.com/fancave/application.jsp?partnerId=ed-5524933-240846364#
Each Winner will:
- Be a passionate baseball fan
- Have strong writing skills
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Have strong organizational skills with the ability to give attention to multiple things at the same time
- Be comfortable in front of the camera and be able to present a positive public image
- Have a fun and creative personality
- Be highly skilled on social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Pass a background check to the satisfaction of MLB
Each Winner must:
- Reside in a location provided by MLB in New York City
- Participate in all aspects of MLB Fan Cave duties, including but not limited to, watching every game played of the 2012 MLB season, taking part in media events, interviews, etc.
- Share thoughts regarding games and topics of MLB and pop culture interest via daily blogging, vlogging and through social media platforms
- Adhere to all other policies and procedures as required by MLB
- Grant all rights in all aspects of his/her participation in MLB Fan Cave to MLB for MLB’s use, worldwide, in all media.
Have a fave you think I should feature? Email prsarahevans [at] gmail [dot] com.
h/t to my friend Jennelle Schook.
The entry deadline for the @MLBFanCave has been extended to January 31. http://t.co/yMBvhUxL