It’s time to celebrate. In the past 30 days there have been quite a few major tech milestones. Here are the ones I think warrant a little extra attention.
So many social networks and tech companies, so little time. Here goes:
- The iOS app Clear sells 350,000 copies in 9 days
- Skype hits major milestone as 32 million people sign on at once
- Facebook sends 60 million monthly visitors to 3rd party mobile apps. Wowzer! I’ll take some of that link love.
- Twitter hits 500 million registered users, according to Twopcharts
- Apple prepares to hit 25 billion App Store downloads and celebrates with $10,000 prize
- Twitter opens ad platform to 10,000 Small Businesses
- Apple sold more iOS devices in 2011 than it sold Macs in almost 30 years
- Pinterest now has over 10.4 million registered users, 9 million monthly Facebook-connected users, and 2 million daily Facebook users
- MySpace announces one million new users
- Yahoo!’s C.O.R.E. creates 13 million story combos a day and gets to a million clicks
- Reddit’s community is now 35 million strong
- Flickr turned eight years old
- LinkedIn hit 150 million registered users
- The Daily amassed more than 100,000 paid subscribers on the iPad
Upcoming milestone: Oreo is about to turn 100 years old.