If you’re a regular FAVES reader, then you know I like to keep things short and sweet. I know you don’t have a lot of time and you’re here because you want to learn something. Here’s how to quickly create a QR code that allows people to “like” your Facebook page right from their mobile device:
- Go to Likify.net
- Create an account (I know, drats.)
- Click “Generate Code”
- Enter the Facebook Page URL you want people to like in “Webpage about the actual item to like”
- Next enter the text you want people to see in “Title of actual item to like” (e.g. Sarah Evans on Facebook)
- Upload an image that people will see when they use the QR code (see my example, below)
- Include an additional URL to give people additional information. (I included a link back to Sarah’s Faves.)
- The coupon is optional. If you’re a vendor, might not be a bad idea.
- You can add the location, if you’re an analytics kind of geek and like to track stuff
- Download your QR code and post EVERYWHERE. (Might be nice for those cufflinks, too.)
- Suggestions, question, problems? Ping them at email@example.com.
Tip: Upload the smallest photo size possible to make sure your photo doesn’t take forever to load.
Want more social stuff to do with QR codes? Check out Social QR Code.
Need a branded QR code? BrandedQRs has them.