It was only a matter of time before I FAVED about Facebook’s ONE BILLION DOLLAR Instagram acquisition. What is Facebook getting for all that dough? Let’s take a look at the actual numbers…
Created by Online MBA Programs
In an animated infographic created by blogger and digital media producer Greg Voakes, he shares the top stats that make Instagram the most coveted app on the block. If you don’t have time to click “next” to see all of the stats, I’ve included my recap, below.
Here are a few of my personal FAVES:
- 1 billion photos have been uploaded via Instagram. Guess what the majority of them are? Food!
- In the Facebook iPhone app, it takes six screens before you can take a picture to upload. With Instagram, it only takes one.
- 5 million photos are shared each and every day.
- The Instagram team has made $0 in revenue, yet sold the company for $1 billion.
- The New York Times is 116 years and is valued at around $967 million. Instagram is 551 days old and is now worth $1 billion.
- Instagram’s CEO Kevin Systrom will take home a big pay check of $400 million. Yowza!
Like this animated infographic? Me too. Go ahead and share it with your friends.
(You can find me on Instagram as @sarahevans.)