Sure you have fun looking at your BFF’s Pinterest boards and your boss’ Instagram photos. Did you know you can use the info your friends and family share online to give better gifts? Here are 10 tips to help you become a social gift guru.
6. Celebrate hashtags and Twitter handles. Order a custom necklace, pin or key chain as the ultimate Twitter flair. If you order from a vendor like Survival of the Hippest you can customize said gifts with an indvidual’s Twitter handle or favorite hashtag. Did you just successfully complete a social campaign your employees are proud of? Order the hashtag for everyone on the team.
5. If there’s a special occasion or holiday coming up, use Pinterest as a gift giving finder. Pinterest actually flaunts gift ideas in your face — you just have to remember to look. If your sister posted a photo of a dessert she’d like to make, you can: buy all of the ingredients and display them in a basket or make the dessert for her.
SOCIAL TIP: Look at someone’s @ board for gift ideas. H/T @
4. Order co-workers’ or clients’
@instagram prints and put them in a frame or have them wall-art ready (e.g. printed or decoupaged on tiles) as thank yous or recognition. Nothing says personalization like actually using an individual’s photography. With the growing popularity of photo sharing apps, like Pinterest, you can easily grab a photo or two to put in a frame. In order to download a Pinterest photo, use an app like Pixable (I highly recommend it). Because Instagram photos are square shaped, you need to make sure you have them printed accordingly. You can easily use a service like Prinstagr.am to have photos delivered to your door.
3. Create a funny or amusing image for friends or family and tag them. Make it easily shareable on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc… The Buyer Group recently acknowledged their Facebook Page fans with a shareworthy “I like you” image. It’s a virtual gift that keeps on giving when others share the photo with their networks.
2. Give the gift of a word cloud. Use the recipient’s blog, Twitter updates or favorite news feeds to create a custom word cloud work of art. Then have it printed on a T-shirt, mug or another item for them to show off. Go an extra step and have their Twitter handle added to it as well. You can use sites like Tagxedo or Wordle to auto-create a word cloud, or you can design your own.
1. Feeling crafty? Make a pillow of the recipients most interesting/funny/unique status updates from Facebook or Twitter. You can either do iron on or have the fabric screen printed. Or, you can just order a Google Search Pillow from ElasticCo.
Have you used social networks to come up with a great gift idea? Let us know in the comments.
photo credit: paulgalipeau.com via photo pin cc