Want to do more than post that you voted on Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter? Here are a few media opportunities for citizens:
**This will be updated throughout the day.**
If you want others to see your tweets, use hashtags like #election2012, #vote and #electionday.
Share your photos, videos and reports from the field with them via Twitter. Tag your content with #ReutersLive
Got Questions, comments? #Election photos + video you want to share? Reports from the field? Tweet it and tag it #ReutersLive
Tweet your election photos to them directly at @FT or use hashtag #ftelection. They’ll share their favorites at ft.com/retweet.
U.S. News & World Report
What do you think the electoral vote will be? Tweet your predictions with hashtag
#evotes and they’ll feature you if you guess correctly.
Tweet your picture (preferably with your I Voted sticker) with hashtag #sharethevote on Twitter or Instagram — or upload it directly, here.
Huffington Post Politics, Style and Live
Email HuffPo at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them at @off_the_bus with your voting experience. They’re especially interested photos and videos. Even HuffPost Style (@huffpostsyle) is having some fun. You can tweet them a photo of what you wore to the polls and use hashtag #dressedtovote. And, don’t forget about HuffPost Live (@huffpostlive), they want photos to use on air. Send them via Twitter with hashtag #HPL2012.
They want your photos. Tweet them with hashtag #msnbc2012.
ABC World News
They are particularly interested in how “generations go to vote.” Did you bring your kids? Take your mom? Tweet @abcworldnews your photos with hashtag #yourvote.
The YWCA has promised to retweet all “I Voted” sticker photos if you tag it #ywcaVOTE.
Submit your voting experience through CNN’s iReport for potential inclusion online or on air.
A few locals. If you live in…
- Greenville, Anderson, Spartanburg SC and Asheville, Hendersonville, NC — WSPA (Channel 7) wants you to use hashtag #7Reax
- Baton Rouge, LA — Share your photos and tweets with @WAFB’s official hashtag #ElectionOn9.
- Austin, TX — KXAN wants your photos. Email them at email@example.com.
- Phoenix, AZ — 12 News wants to know what lines are like. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago, IL — @nbcchicago wants your voting experience via photo. Email them at email@example.com and on Twitter use
- Chicago, IL — The +Chicago Tribune has a special Instagram theme. They want election/voting-themed photos with the hashtag #TribVote.
- Los Angeles, CA — @LAist would like you to snap a pic of the line at your polling place and tell them your “I Voted” story. Tweet them or email tips(at)laist(dot)com.
- North Alabama and Southern Tennesse — @Waff48 wants your photos. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pittsburgh, PA — Pittsburgh News Now (@PittsburghPG) wants to know if you experience any problems at polling stations. Email them at email@example.com.
- Detroit, MI — If you’re a first time voter, the Detroit Free Press wants to hear from you. Include a picture and tweet
@freep with hasthag #mivote.
- St. Louis, MO — STL Public Radio wants your photos and would like to know how the polls are going and any issues you’re seeing. Tweet @stlpublicradio, use #BeyondNov hashtag or email Kelsey Proud at firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our Facebook page:.
- Atlanta, GA – The would love to share your photos or videos from Cobb or even metro Atlanta. Email email@example.com or post it directly to their Facebook page. If you’re on Twitter, use #VoteCobb.