Time for your FAVE recap and mine… What’s hot in tech and social.
Listen, I know you’re busy. When I first started this blog I considered making the tagline, “Putting in the man hours so you don’t have to.” I enjoy doing this research and I want to make it as easy as possible for you to always be in-the-know on all things social. If you read nothing else this week, this run down will keep your social and tech IQ above the rest. Rest easy, busy one, I’ve got your back.
Go ahead and copy and paste your favorite links and send them to your boss, co-workers, peers. They’ll remember (in case they forgot) what a rockstar you are. (Or you can always forward a copy of this post.)
- The folks at day4 are responsible for the Apple “screw” rumor. They posted a screenshot of a screw they rendered to Reddit and let the internet go to work. What did they find? The further people moved from the source of the story, the more they talked about the rumor as truth.
- Having a baby? You can choose to announce your bundle of joy via a Life Event for Timeline on Facebook.
- Who loves YouTube? Teens. They’d rather listen to music there than buy a CD.
- What if you could “emote” your vote? Enter Affdex, a webcam that tracks the muscle movements on your face.
- There were more than 150 million Tweets about the Olympics in 16 days.
- “[Paul Ryan], who 54% of the American people were not aware of last week, just knocked the president of the United States off of his perch as the most talked-about politician on the largest social media platform in the world.”
- Huffington Post launched their new interactive web segments channel, HuffPost LIVE.
Just for you: I created an ifttt recipe that sends you a text whenever Facebook updates their official newsroom blog. Enjoy.