It’s time for #twitterbingo! Create your own game of Twitter Bio Bingo using the Twitter Bio Bingo card and “how to” instructions, below.
As if you need another reason to procrastinate right now, here’s a game you can play online or IRL. Welcome Twitter Bio Bingo.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Print out a copy of this Twitter Bingo Card (use anything you have on hand to cover up squares); or use a dual or second screen and place pieces of paper over the squares as the game is being called; or develop your own way to keep track
- Go to your “Followers” page
- Look at your most recent 25 followers. These will be yours to play from. (TIP: Copy and paste follower bios into a separate document.)
- Start your own game of Twitter Bingo!
- Announce a game of Twitter Bingo (#twitterbingo) and send a link to this card to your followers.
- If you’d like, tweet the rules first, along with the #twitterbingo hashtag. (You can use Tweetdeck or Tweetchat to see others playing.)
- The announcer should randomly select a letter and bio combination. How? By cutting up the letters and game pieces, folding them up and placing them in a container (e.g. hat, bowl, etc…). Tweet each letter and bio combination with the #twitterbingo hashtag. Allow a minute or so in between each tweet (unless you think of other fun things to tweet in between.)
- The first person to tweet BINGO should send a screenshot of their 25 followers’ bios for you to verify (if you want to verify).
- Announce the winner! Repeat.
The announcer should announce what type of BINGO game will be played:
- Cover all: Literally cover all the numbers on your bingo card and you win
- Four Corners: Cover your four corners (outside corners) of your BINGO card
- Winner’s circle: This is all the squares in columns B and O and the first and last of I, N and G.
- X: Make a complete X or two diagonal lines (the Fail Whale is the “free space”)
- One row: Announce which row should be completely filled