Facebook users had until 5pm PDT Thursday, March 22 to voice their opinion on new privacy updates. This is a requirement implemented after their settlement with the FTC last November.
A few of the most notable changes include:
- When anyone who can see your content uses an application your content and information is shared with the application.
- No third-party applications containing dating content may be operated without “appropriate age-based restrictions.”
- The name change from profile to account.
- The name change from profile to timeline.
- You cannot tag non-users if you know they do not wish to be tagged.
- Any services wanting to collect Facebook data must now ask the company first.
Want to see the entire document? Here it is.
Have concerns? You can share them over on Facebook’s Site Governance page.