You might think Linkedin has the majority of job seeking going on, but you’d be wrong. It’s actually Facebook, according to a survey released by Jobvite. Check out this groovy infographic highlighting the results from their recent Social Job Seeker Survey and enjoy.
Below are a few FAVE stats that make great tweetable moments. SURVEY SAYS? <ding>
- 86% of active and passive job seekers have a social profile
- 16% of active job seekers used social networks to find their most recent job
- 40% of job seekers are “super social” with over 150 contacts (Go on with your bad self!)
- 31% of active job seekers who use social media are active on three (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)
- 32% of active job seekers modified Facebook privacy settings with work in mind (NOTE: You should probably do this if you haven’t already.)
1 in 6 active job seekers found their last job through an online social network. Boom!
Good luck in your social job search. I regularly post my FAVE social and tech job openings. Subscribe to my RSS so you never miss an opportunity.