How about working there for the “perfect platform for self expression”? Tumblr is hiring an editor.
The average Tumblr user creates 14 original posts each month, and reblogs 3. Half of those posts are photos. The rest are split between text, links, quotes, music, and video.
As of today there are 14,970,521,865 posts.
Looks like an editor will stay pretty busy.
They even let you apply with Linkedin.
What you’ll do:
- Editorial product development: Plan and execute new blogs, segments, features, and other products in multiple media (video, audio, text) to highlight creators on Tumblr
- Community sourcing: Work with Tumblr bloggers to source information about emerging creators and content
- Content curation: Find the best, most interesting creative expression on Tumblr and present it to Tumblr readers and the world
- Analysis: Devise metrics for measuring performance of all editorial products and staff
- Develop Tumblr’s unique voice
What they’re looking for (their words):
- Demonstrated experience conceiving and implementing original products and features online in multiple media
- A proven ability to ferret out interesting stories and render them into coherent narratives on deadline
- Sufficient range of knowledge and breadth of experience to oversee authentic coverage of our many communities, from contemporary art to cooking
- Extraordinary taste across multiple creative industries coupled with an openness to a broad and democratic creative community
Tell a friend about this job.
(h/t Matthew Keys)